This blog is part of my recovery, and I would like it to remain a safe place for me to share parts of myself and my life that people close to me may or may not know. As a result, while I'm not going crazy with privacy settings, I do ask that if you find this on your own and suspect you may know me, please respect my privacy by checking with us before reading any further. This obviously doesn't apply if one of us has given you the link!

Saturday, September 18, 2010

Another Sanguine Saturday

No babble today, just going to jump straight into it.


Success Stories:
I've managed to go through my bookshelf (all except the bottom row that I can't actually get to properly yet) and pulled out about a third of the books to definitely go in the garage sale.
Posting my Sanguine Saturday every week.
Talking to the doctors at the RBH into letting me have a different type of dressing so I only have to go there once a week instead of twice.
I've been doing some serious walking (distraction & PLEASE) and trying to eat better (PLEASE).
I put in the entry forms to enter some of my creations (4 photographs, 3 photo & writing collaborations, 2 craft items and a collection of writings) into an exhibition at the women's violence centre (CASV).
My Centrelink social worker (Gail) and I tried to contact the psychologist my GP referred me to a while ago. (It turned out that she is no longer working though, so I definitely won't be starting with her before I go to Canberra.)
I have decided that I would like to read my own poem at the CASV candle-lighting ceremony this year, and in order to practice, I read it for Gail.
Even though the idea of going into MH with a dressing still on my leg terrified me, I faced that fear in order to ask Cameron about the art workshop that I had written down for Friday. (Unfortunately, he'd had to cancel due to lack of numbers.)
Faced my Fear about talking on the phone and called a friend who needed someone to talk to.
I used a little bit of planning skills and forward thinking when I paid my phone bill so that I won't need to pay it next month when I'm moving.




Gratitudes List/Things that make me happy:
Giraffes.
My friends.
Being creative.




Cheer-leading statements:
Not burning doesn't mean I'm not hurting, all it means is that I'm choosing to make better choices for myself.
It's okay to be who I am rather than who someone else wants me to be.
Whatever I feel is okay.



Take care of yourselves until next time, and may we all find our own small fences along the way.

4 comments:

  1. I like your post this week, not that I don't like your other posts. I'm glad you got so much positive stuff done. Good for you!
    *hugs*
    Sarah

    ReplyDelete
  2. You are reaching out in so many ways! I'm so impressed!

    ReplyDelete
  3. "It's okay to be who I am rather than who someone else wants me to be."
    not only is it "okay," its the best possible thing for everyone involved.
    also, i'm to lazy to google today; which one is PLEASE?

    ReplyDelete
  4. PLEASE skills are part of emotion regulation. :)

    The letters stand for:
    Physical iLlness
    balanced Eating
    Avoid mood altering substances
    balanced Sleep
    Exercise

    ReplyDelete