This blog is part of my recovery, and I would like it to remain a safe place for me to share parts of myself and my life that people close to me may or may not know. As a result, while I'm not going crazy with privacy settings, I do ask that if you find this on your own and suspect you may know me, please respect my privacy by checking with us before reading any further. This obviously doesn't apply if one of us has given you the link!

Monday, January 9, 2012

Another Late Sanguine Saturday

Oops! I got so distracted I completely forgot it was Saturday... and then that it was Sunday! Oh well, better late than never, and since I've not been to sleep yet, I'm considering it still Sunday. ;)

It's been another lovely week, though I've noticed my usual birthday anxiety is beginning to rear up again. Never mind - on the plus side, most of my supports are back this week, just in time. ;)



Success Stories:
Still absolutely no self harm. Is this something of a record?
I followed the agreement Adam and I made -- even when he didn't! :p
I followed medical directions and since that didn't work, I'm going to follow through and speak to the nurse again tomorrow.
I'm continuing to explore and push gently at my boundaries in safe ways.
I handled some uncomfortable moments and difficult conversations instead of hiding and pretending nothing was going on.
I'm giving myself the opportunity to learn who I am.



Gratitudes/Happy Things:
Adam.
Feeling safe.
Giraffes.
Fruit mince pies and custard.
Beginning to learn about me!



Challenge and cheer-leading statements:
It's okay to let myself be cared about.
Just because someone is frustrated (or annoyed, or angry, or whatever emotion!) because of something I did doesn't mean that they don't like me anymore.
It's okay to allow myself to be vulnerable.
Exploring as an adult says nothing bad about me.
It's okay to be not comfortable with some things. It's okay to say no to those things.



Take care of yourselves until next time, and may we all find our own small fences along the way.

1 comment:

  1. Once again, thanks for sharing! I'm just returning to the blogosphere and always enjoy reading your posts. Congrats on the no self-harm record! That's awesome and certainly something to celebrate! Hope you're well and look forward to catching up on your blog! :) *hugs*

    ReplyDelete