This blog is part of my recovery, and I would like it to remain a safe place for me to share parts of myself and my life that people close to me may or may not know. As a result, while I'm not going crazy with privacy settings, I do ask that if you find this on your own and suspect you may know me, please respect my privacy by checking with us before reading any further. This obviously doesn't apply if one of us has given you the link!

Monday, November 29, 2010

Very Late Sanguine Sunday

I've been enjoying beautiful Noosa since Wednesday, so please forgive the very lateness of this 'Sanguine' post! I hope you'll also forgive my not following along on blogs very well lately.



Success Stories:
Spending some time honouring my daughter, and not actually going completely loopy on her anniversary (even if it was kinda close).
I faced my fear and did a few very scary things; including (but not limited to!) dealing with groups of strangers, meeting my English friend who has been in Australia for a few months now, eating in front of someone in my "scary to eat in front of" group, and not entirely bowing down to my mother's wishes. Almost all of them worked out well for me (and all of the ones I listed worked out very well).
I practised a form of photography I'm not very good at -- holiday snapshots!
I haven't burnt in I'm not sure how long (at least 5 or 6 weeks?), I have no current stitches, and I haven't had a drink since last Monday night.
I made really good attempts to not get sunburnt over my graft sites.
I made a decision about lunch today!



Gratitudes/things that make me happy:
Meeting Kate!
Noosa.
Photography.
Giraffes.
Above and beyond service! (If anyone's interested, I definitely recommend staying at Chillout Noosa, run by Nic in Noosaville.)



Cheer-leading statements:
I am not a bad person.
Whatever I feel is okay.
No, really. I am not a bad person.
The best way to honour my little girl is to get on with my life. It's not disrespectful to live.
It's okay to put myself first sometimes.


Alright, I admit it, I stole these from Tuesday's post - I'm just so tired and I need to go to bed as I have a very early start tomorrow. That's okay, they're still relevant.



Take care of yourselves until next time, and may we all find our own small fences along the way.

1 comment:

  1. I promise I will text you soon. I'm in a bit of a muddle at the moment with what to do about home and hospital. I think it's possible I may need to go back in. If I don't, I would still love to meet you if you want to :-)
    *hugs*
    Sarah

    ReplyDelete