This blog is part of my recovery, and I would like it to remain a safe place for me to share parts of myself and my life that people close to me may or may not know. As a result, while I'm not going crazy with privacy settings, I do ask that if you find this on your own and suspect you may know me, please respect my privacy by checking with us before reading any further. This obviously doesn't apply if one of us has given you the link!

Saturday, October 16, 2010

Sanguine Saturday Has Come Again

Some of you may notice that I've added a little bit on the side with three links. After some encouragement, I decided to open a crafting blog (Little Bloo Creativity) and a photography blog (From Another Angle); and the third link is my Writers Cafe profile. The new blogs are, obviously, new, but I invite you to check them out if you're interested.

Anyhow, house-keeping aside, it's that time of the week again! And this has been another eventful one, that's for sure.


Success Stories:
Getting my room tidied in time for the house inspection.
Getting my exhibits in on time for the art exhibition at CASV.
Doing some work towards a long-term goal of mine.
Going to the Mental Health Week 'celebrations' by myself until my friends arrived.
Talking with one of my friends about something that's been going on for a long time. Two down, one to go?
Attending the opening of the art exhibition and forcing myself to talk with a few people (though I regret that I wasn't brave enough to start a conversation with any of the 'strangers').
Crying in front of Carol. (Doesn't sound like an achievement; didn't feel like one, either; but I'm recognising it as one because it shows that I chose not to avoid something that was incredibly difficult to talk about.)
Lighting my candles last night for the Wave of Light (pregnancy and infant loss awareness day). It was hard, as it is hard every year, but I am glad that I honoured my son and my daughter (and a few other children that were lost too soon).
Spent some time yesterday scrapbooking so that I wasn't sitting around feeling bad all day. Although they're pretty simple layouts, I'm pretty okay with them (especially since I've not been scrapbooking very long).
I'm learning to accept compliments.
I've had a couple of alcohol free days, no major binges (10+ drinks) and I've managed to keep track of how much I've had every day.


Gratitudes/things that make me happy:
My new blogs!
Making my sanguine Saturday post every week.
Photography.
Art and craft.
Music.
NCIS (especially Abby).
The opportunity to honour my children.


Cheer-leading statements:
The only way to find out what's been said and what the motives were is to go to the source.
It's okay to feel the way I feel, whatever I feel.
Feelings are not facts.
Not self harming doesn't mean I'm not hurting, it just means I'm choosing to make healthier choices for myself.
It's okay to be proud of something I did, even if others don't think it is "good" or "worthy".


Take care of yourselves until next time, and may we all find our own small fences along the way.

1 comment:

  1. I am excited to hear about your new blogs and have joined. I so love creative blogs :-)

    You won the zine by the way "By the Skin of My Teeth" issue one.

    Also, there is another giveaway on the boil, you win the second issue of the same zine you are getting, a mindfulness CD by an Aussie guy that I really love and a copy of my DBT flash cards I made through digital scrapbooking. One person will win all this, so wanted you to know. You just have to leave a comment on my blog from between now and wednesday evening Brissy time. Oh the issue is about depression and how I deal with it and which techniques I use.

    *hugs*
    Sarah

    ReplyDelete