This blog is part of my recovery, and I would like it to remain a safe place for me to share parts of myself and my life that people close to me may or may not know. As a result, while I'm not going crazy with privacy settings, I do ask that if you find this on your own and suspect you may know me, please respect my privacy by checking with us before reading any further. This obviously doesn't apply if one of us has given you the link!

Sunday, October 31, 2010

Sanguine Saturday Falling On Sunday

No blather today. Hope everyone's well and happy.

Success Stories:
Two full weeks alcohol free.
Finally got hold of one of the two people I've been trying to get hold of, and although the conversation was difficult, I asked for what I needed and I kept asking despite the other person's misinterpretation of what I was asking for.
I continued the work on my anonymous report.
I was very honest with Carol last week when I was doing the form with her and it actually led to things that could well go very positive places.
I took part in Brisbane's Reclaim The Night march, and this year I even chanted/shouted some too, and was very brave about the police presence.
I have worked hard to challenge thoughts and feelings and to not act on destructive urges.



Gratitudes/things that make me happy:
NaNoWriMo (at least for the next half hour.. :P)
Giraffes
Crafts and craft supplies
Stuffies
Dressing up in costumes
Friendship



Cheer-leading statements:
I am safe.
I have the right to ask for what I need. I have the right to ask for what I want. I have the right to ask for clarification when something is unclear to me.
It's okay that I exist.
Even when it feels as though I have no control over my thoughts/feelings, I am still, at the very least, in control of my behaviour.
However I feel is okay.



Take care of yourselves until next time, and may we all find our own small fences along the way.

No comments:

Post a Comment