This blog is part of my recovery, and I would like it to remain a safe place for me to share parts of myself and my life that people close to me may or may not know. As a result, while I'm not going crazy with privacy settings, I do ask that if you find this on your own and suspect you may know me, please respect my privacy by checking with us before reading any further. This obviously doesn't apply if one of us has given you the link!

Sunday, August 14, 2011

Sanguine Saturday from Sweden

Another week gone already, and I've spent most of this one in beautiful Sweden. I've done so much processing lately, it feels like constantly. I'm still processing things from the early part of my trip. I know it's good and healthy, but I hope the sand stops shifting underfoot some soon.

Some interesting conversations this week have pulled out some possible misconceptions and possible distorted thoughts, but I need to work out what I'm going to do with/about those, if anything.


Success Stories:
No drinking.
No burning.
I've been trying to do things to change my situation.
I managed to get to the airport and catch my plane all by myself even though I was really struggling.
I've learned the Swedish words for down and thanks -- ner & tack.
Still exploring my touch boundaries.
Exploring some difficult/uncomfortable discussions in safe ways.
I've been making some small decisions.
I've been putting work into thinking about what I'm going to do when I get home.
I tried (successfully, I think) a new poetry form -- cento.


Gratitudes/Happy Things:
Friends
Poetry
Sweet little Swedish doggies
Safe touch


Challenge and cheer-leading statements:
It's not a disaster if I make the wrong decision on something.
It is entirely possible that not everybody is going to ditch/leave/abandon me.
Sometimes it's okay to share how I'm feeling.
I don't have to be perfect.




Apologies for the lack, but no outward links again this week. I think I probably will post less links while I'm away, but feel free as always to link in a comment to my SS posts if you do your own version! I still want to read and I'm sure others do, too!



Take care of yourselves until next time, and may we all find our own small fences along the way.

1 comment: