This blog is part of my recovery, and I would like it to remain a safe place for me to share parts of myself and my life that people close to me may or may not know. As a result, while I'm not going crazy with privacy settings, I do ask that if you find this on your own and suspect you may know me, please respect my privacy by checking with us before reading any further. This obviously doesn't apply if one of us has given you the link!

Monday, June 2, 2014

Resurrection

Hello friends, it's been a long time. While Dialectic Dichotomy has sat, gathering dust, I've been doing lots of growing. My focus has moved from primarily mental illness, to general life and all the things I'm passionate about.

One of those things is, of course, mental illness, and recovery, and that hasn't changed. I've been running a group over on Facebook for Australians with Borderline Personality Disorder, and it's really taken off. (Do let me know if you'd like to check it out - we have a strict pro-healthy policy and a great group of people.)

In the same vein, I feel it's time to resurrect DD and continue that growth - as well as sharing it with others. I hope to share exercises and activities with things to think about, as well as my thoughts and challenges as I face what comes. They won't be Borderline specific, of course - many will be applicable to overcoming abuse, or simply living with mental illness in general, or sometimes just whatever life's thrown my way. I do encourage you all to join in -- chat with me in the comments, take part in the challenges and activities, and let's grow together.

For today, why don't you share one thing that's going well for you today or this week? It doesn't need to be a big thing, though it can be!

9 comments:

  1. Replies
    1. I'm glad gym is going so well for you!

      (Sorry, when I first read this, I thought it was Dar being a dork. Then I realised it was probably someone posting that gym is going well for them!)

      Delete
  2. Writing. Glad to see you're up and running, my friend!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. <3

      Glad to hear that writing is going well for you at the moment! :)

      Delete
  3. Coped for four days while my beloved was away. Great to have you back C xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh, well done indeed! It's good to hear from you again, Lil. :) You don't update your blog anymore?

      Delete
  4. Hey, it is so good to see you back! Missed ya :) What's going good for me this week is that I'm making steps in the budding relationship with my biological father, and I made two new friends who accept and understand me, disabilities and all! That's pretty exciting.

    ReplyDelete
  5. That's great news, I'm glad to hear it! :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love and appreciate your blog so much. Am a fellow struggling 25 yr old girl with BPD, diagnosed 11 years ago at fourteen after a 72 hour psych ward hold and residential treatment stay. Your honesty and total fearlessness to share your raw emotional truth is inspiring and so very much appreciated for its relatability. I am routing for you! It is awesome to see your progress and even with setbacks the speed at which you are able to recover.

    If you want to check out my site:
    http://inbetweenrealityillusion.com/

    Would love to hear back from you,
    schoenthalsarah@gmail.com

    ReplyDelete