This blog is part of my recovery, and I would like it to remain a safe place for me to share parts of myself and my life that people close to me may or may not know. As a result, while I'm not going crazy with privacy settings, I do ask that if you find this on your own and suspect you may know me, please respect my privacy by checking with us before reading any further. This obviously doesn't apply if one of us has given you the link!

Saturday, November 13, 2010

Today Is Sanguine Saturday!

Today I'm going to start my day with this.


Success Stories:
I was able to take some time for myself when my brother brought the kids over. I love spending time with them, but sometimes I do need breaks, especially at this time of year.
Managed to actually make it to three of my four appointments this week.
Cancelled the write-in I was supposed to enter so that I could stay home and look after myself because I woke up ill, instead of pushing myself to go and having the stress make me sicker.
Negotiated and made future plans with a friend.
Have been still trying with my NaNo story, even though I am quite far behind where I should be.



Gratitudes/things that make me happy:
Generally, giraffes.
My nieces and nephew.
Christmas carols.
Stuffies.
Kittens riding tortoises.
Music.
And my top thing for this week (turn your sound up):





Cheer-leading statements:
I'm doing the best I can.
It's okay to grieve.
I don't have to buy into my thoughts. I can acknowledge them, thank my mind, and let the thoughts go past.



Take care of yourselves until next time, and may we all find our own small fences along the way.

No comments:

Post a Comment