This blog is part of my recovery, and I would like it to remain a safe place for me to share parts of myself and my life that people close to me may or may not know. As a result, while I'm not going crazy with privacy settings, I do ask that if you find this on your own and suspect you may know me, please respect my privacy by checking with us before reading any further. This obviously doesn't apply if one of us has given you the link!

Saturday, May 15, 2010

Sanguine Saturday

I'm just going to jump straight to it, today. I have some other posts that are rumbling around in my head that I wanted to write as well.

Success Stories:
I used my DEAR MAN skills to reschedule some appointments that were conflicting (and I need to call and do that again this week, too).

I've been using PLEASE Master to take some time out this week as I've been sick since Monday, but I still went to my appointments instead of just using it as an excuse to hide away and isolate for the entire week.

I am using both GIVE and DEAR MAN to organise a holiday for myself, for the end of July.



Gratitudes List/Things that make me happy:
Giraffes.
Photography.
Orange juice.
Star Trek.
Michele.
I have good friends.



Cheer-leading statements:
I am not a bad person.
It's okay to feel however I feel: good, bad, indifferent... all of it is acceptable.
So what if my mother says I disgust her. That's her opinion. I don't have to take that on.
I'm not responsible for anyone else's thoughts or emotions. I'm only responsible for me.
The past does not dictate the future.


Take care of yourselves until next time, and may we all find our own small fences along the way.

2 comments:

  1. I really like the way you have used your DBT skills. I must admit that I only really use them when I have to, rather than incorporating them into my every day life. I wish I could get it into my head to do this more, instead of only using the skills when I'm in crisis mode. Good for you for using the skills in such a skillful way.
    *hugs*
    Sarah
    P.S. Glad you liked my card :-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. what your mother thinks of you means everything about her, and nothing about you.

    ReplyDelete