This blog is part of my recovery, and I would like it to remain a safe place for me to share parts of myself and my life that people close to me may or may not know. As a result, while I'm not going crazy with privacy settings, I do ask that if you find this on your own and suspect you may know me, please respect my privacy by checking with us before reading any further. This obviously doesn't apply if one of us has given you the link!

Saturday, October 22, 2011

Sanguine Saturday After A Busy Week!

It's been an interesting week, and a very busy one at that! I think I was properly out (or close to it) every day since my last post.

A visit to the doctor's this week saw my medication adjusted higher, but of course there is no real expectation of any results for a while still.

A few days ago I heard back from CASV where I've been on the waiting list since I returned to Australia - my counsellor is taking some leave so they're going to discuss on Tuesday what to do about me, and then I'll probably hear again next week. It was good to catch up with Melissa on a few things, though - and it was especially lovely to hear the nice things she had to say about me. Apparently I'm always bright and chirpy on the 'phone, and (in person) when I talk, my eyes sparkle.



Success Stories:
No burning.
No drinking.
No overdoses for SI (and this has actually been true for a couple of weeks! And I haven't overdosed for any other reason, either, which is also good.)
I went to Jazzercise (terrifying but the experience was brilliant)
I went to my alcohol counselling appointment (Michele)
I was able to make my next appointment with Michele for *three* weeks away!
I signed a 6-day safety contract that even included not burning.
I got my tattoo sorted so now it honours both of my children! (And isn't blurry or faded.)
Getting my tattoo done meant coping with touch for an extended period, and I survived it.
I posted in From Another Angle every single day.
I made it to the craft show today and I coped quite well with the crowds.



Gratitudes/Happy Things:
Giraffes.
My tattoo.
Craft fairs.
Friends.
Fruit.
Music.
Packages that arrive and cheer up friends.



Challenge and cheer-leading statements:
I can cope with anything, as long as I choose to do that.
It's okay to get a reality check sometimes.
Thoughts and feelings aren't facts.




Don't forget to post up your own version of Sanguine Saturday (any day, any format as long as it's positive-focused!) and shoot me the link! If you're joining us in this challenge, I want to know about it. Finally, of course, don't forget to check out this week's list of Sanguine Saturday versions:
River of My Verse with Great Things -- I missed this one last week!



Take care of yourselves until next time, and may we all find our own small fences along the way.

No comments:

Post a Comment