This blog is part of my recovery, and I would like it to remain a safe place for me to share parts of myself and my life that people close to me may or may not know. As a result, while I'm not going crazy with privacy settings, I do ask that if you find this on your own and suspect you may know me, please respect my privacy by checking with us before reading any further. This obviously doesn't apply if one of us has given you the link!

Saturday, March 26, 2011

Sanguine Saturday This Week

Welcome to another Sanguine Saturday, my friends.


Success Stories:
I have been practicing eating on cam so that part of my trip is more manageable when I go.
I faced my fear and went back to my GP.
I didn't fall apart saying goodbye to Erica.
I learned how to knit and purl and accepted that I'm not actually much good at it. (This is a positive thing because I believe it's important to enjoy things that I'm not necessarily good at as well as things that I am okay at.)



Gratitudes/Happy Things:
Giraffes.
Music.
Stuffies.
Friends.
Music.
Books.
QI.




Challenge and cheer-leading statements:
It's okay to not be perfect, to make mistakes and get it wrong sometimes.
Just because someone is angry or upset with me doesn't mean they don't like me anymore.
I deserve to have people do and say nice things to me. It's okay to accept compliments when they are given.





Don't forget to post up your own version of Sanguine Saturday (any day, any format as long as it's positive-focused!) and shoot me the link! If you're joining us in this challenge, I want to know about it. And, of course, don't forget to check out this week's list of Sanguine Saturday versions:
Lua of Almost Positive: Weekend Positivity
River of My Verse: Great Things


Take care of yourselves until next time, and may we all find our own small fences along the way.

5 comments:

  1. Good for you going back to gp. How did it go?
    Also well done on not falling apart saying goodbye to Erica. Although it's also good to allow yourself to grieve.
    When's the trip planned for?
    Luve you.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Re GP: Better. I didn't exactly go under the best circumstances and I took Erica, but he was much calmer, much nicer. I'm gathering from his reaction this time that what happened last time was that he was taking his frustration with MH out on me. Everyone's frustrated that there's no options for me.

    Re Erica: I think I grieved, I just didn't fall apart where the world could see. ;)

    Trip is planned for the end of June into July! Very excited!

    And I love you too.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Do you plan on eating on cam a lot during your trip? :P

    ReplyDelete
  4. Yes. That's all I'll do the whole time I'm in the UK. Eat on cam. :P

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thinking of you, not much to say as I'm not feeling the best but I love your saturday posts :)
    *hugs*
    Sarah

    ReplyDelete