This blog is part of my recovery, and I would like it to remain a safe place for me to share parts of myself and my life that people close to me may or may not know. As a result, while I'm not going crazy with privacy settings, I do ask that if you find this on your own and suspect you may know me, please respect my privacy by checking with us before reading any further. This obviously doesn't apply if one of us has given you the link!

Sunday, January 23, 2011

Sanguine Sunday: Who Cares If It's Late As Long As It's Posted

I'm still keeping my head (mostly) above water. That's good enough, it really is. Thank you to everyone for the responses to my 'running' post, I will get back to you all on there, I haven't forgotten.


I have to say, I'm so proud and pleased and just absolutely tickled pink at the response to the SS challenge I gave you all. Sairs of This Lunatic Express and bpdisme of BPDisMe have both taken the challenge on board as a regular thing, now, in their own way, and I've been promised a post by another friend as long as I post one for myself this week. I'm not really in a frame of mind to detail it, but the challenge is still active and I look forward to having new links next week to your own version of SS!



Success Stories:
I'm still here.
I discussed with a good friend my options on a decision that I have to make (re my mother's upcoming surgery/recovery and my move). I am proud that didn't ask her to tell me what to do!
I managed to visit a small (craft/scrapbooking) shop with Erica this week and not have a panic attack.
I survived a roach in my room.
I've had some very very honest and authentic conversations with some friends; and I've reached out a few times.



Gratitudes/things that make me happy:
My friends.
Skype.
QI
(*ETA) Giraffes!

Can't believe I was in such a strop I didn't even include giraffes!



Challenge and cheer-leading statements:
All feelings are real and valid. All feelings will pass.
However I feel is okay.
WWMD. (What Would [acquaintance] Do?) No, really. Get in his shoes and really think about it.



Take care of yourselves until next time, and may we all find our own small fences along the way.

3 comments:

  1. I'm so proud of you! Among your many excellent accomplishments, surviving a roach in your room is no small thing ;). I love your statements about feelings: they are real and valid, and they *will* pass, as I am constantly being told by my own therapist. Your feelings about your role in your mother's recovery or about your positive influences on your friends (or about roaches!) are so important to you and to those who care about you! I hope you will not minimize their importance as you make the decisions you need to make from day-to-day.

    And yes, you will see the promised post either on Magnificasti or on a new blog with a more recovery-focused theme in the next few days. Thanks for taking on the challenge and challenging me as well.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ugh, I hate roaches, I had one land on me in my sleep once and now I just don't cope with them. Good for you going into a scrapbooking/craft stuff shop, I hope you found some nice goodies for crafting :)
    *hugs*
    Sarah

    ReplyDelete
  3. *hugs* Thanks for mentioning my version of SS. I think I'll wait until this Saturday to do mine for the week...I was in the hospital last week and am trying to return to a "normal" routine without overwhelming myself. Wishing you well. :)

    ReplyDelete