This blog is part of my recovery, and I would like it to remain a safe place for me to share parts of myself and my life that people close to me may or may not know. As a result, while I'm not going crazy with privacy settings, I do ask that if you find this on your own and suspect you may know me, please respect my privacy by checking with us before reading any further. This obviously doesn't apply if one of us has given you the link!

Saturday, August 28, 2010

As hoped, I was released on Monday and have been continuing to recuperate at home, mostly on a mattress on the floor (not comfortable at ALL). I'm back on my bed now, though!



Success Stories:
Negotiating a time with my friend to have him finish fixing my laptop (installing the new keyboard) -- even though it was instigated by him, and we ended up going with the time that he originally suggested and I felt guilty because he was the one doing me the favour.

Even though I'm having no success, I'm practicing my skills as I try to talk to my mother about my plans to move.

Instead of fighting against my thoughts and feelings, I'm actively working on accepting them and trying not to attempt to talk myself out of them.




Gratitudes List/Things that make me happy:
Working internet.
Bejeweled Blitz.
Scrapbooking/cardmaking supplies.
Photography.
Writing.
....and not to forget, just for Sairs, giraffes!



Cheer-leading statements:
It's okay to not take on board the things my mother says about me.
I do matter, and what's more - I'm allowed to matter.
I am not a bad person.



Take care of yourselves until next time, and may we all find our own small fences along the way.

3 comments:

  1. Yay for giraffes, they are actually starting to make me happy too :-)

    I hope you start to feel a little better soon!

    *hugs*
    sarah

    ReplyDelete
  2. Glad to hear you were released. Continue to celebrate those successes.

    ReplyDelete
  3. "It's okay to not take on board the things my mother says about me."
    i'd venture to say its not just ok, its the best idea possible. what someone thinks of us says nothing about us, and everything about them.

    ReplyDelete