This blog is part of my recovery, and I would like it to remain a safe place for me to share parts of myself and my life that people close to me may or may not know. As a result, while I'm not going crazy with privacy settings, I do ask that if you find this on your own and suspect you may know me, please respect my privacy by checking with us before reading any further. This obviously doesn't apply if one of us has given you the link!

Saturday, April 24, 2010

Sanguine Saturday (finally on time again!)

Goodness, I'm finally back on time for a Sanguine Saturday post!


This week's Success Stories:
In the past week, I haven't had any alcohol, and nor have I done any self harm. (In the interests of pure honesty, I have to admit that I have done a bit of minor skin-picking, but it hasn't gotten horribly out of control at all.) This is the longest I have gone without either in months, and I've achieved both together!

After talking to the hospital drugs service people while I was in hospital, when I was discharged, I rang ATODS (Alcohol, Tobacco and Other Drugs Services). I have an appointment on the 7th of May.

I used my DEAR MAN skills to ask for more information about a photography competition from the lady at the Art Gallery who runs the workshops I attend (run by Mental Health). Although she wasn't able to give me the information I wanted, she didn't mind that I had asked her, anyway!

I used my DEAR MAN skills at JB-HiFi and managed to get myself a copy of the Next Generation boxed set on rain-check for the current sale price.



Gratitudes List/Things that make me happy:
Knowing that when it comes in, I will have all three Star Trek series' that I enjoy.
I have amazing friends.
I have the opportunity to participate in the monthly art gallery workshops.
I heard back from Karakan this week and on the 10th of May, I will start with an "external support worker". (More information on this will probably come after my appointment with her.)
My skin grafts have all taken really well and the pain is rapidly diminishing from the donor site.
Giraffes. (I may as well just copy and paste this one every week, I know! But really, I am just very grateful, all the time, that they exist!)
Crafts and crafting supplies.
New slogan shirts! (Today I got a blue one with a pug that says "Cute AND Crazy!" -- totally perfect for me!)



Today's cheer-leading statements:
Whatever I feel is okay, even if I might not be sure why I feel that way. Maybe I don't have to find a reason for how I feel.
It's okay if sometimes I'm not perfect at using the skills. I don't have to be. I'm still learning.
I'm not responsible for how anyone else feels, or for their behaviour. I'm only responsible for myself!



Take care of yourselves until next time, and may we all find our own small fences along the way.

2 comments:

  1. So glad I found your blog! I write about BPD and am currently doing DBT. Your blog is inspiring. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi A Glass Half Shattered,

    I'm glad you find my blog inspirational! Though, I've got to admit, it still makes me go "o.O" when anyone says anything like that! ;) Anyway, thanks for your comment. I hope you don't mind, I took a look at your own blog and I "followed" you. I'm looking forward to getting to know you through your blog posts!

    ReplyDelete